Kirjoittaja Aihe: golf vr6 + turbo  (Luettu 8119 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa forsh

• Uusi käyttäjä
  • vr lunatic
    • Sähköposti
golf vr6 + turbo
« : Toukokuu 19, 2010, 19:35:42 ip »
ok i live in finland but need so help and info on road legal status

at the momoent i have a vw golf 1996 vr6 2.8l

in the future i want to add a turbo,ive found a place that sells a turbo kit for my vr6 fitting its no problem,i just dont know the road legal status here

would my golf with added turbo still be road legal

thanks in advance

chris

Poissa silveR

• Moderaattori
  • Vakionaama
Vs: golf vr6 + turbo
« Vastaus #1 : Toukokuu 19, 2010, 19:46:11 ip »
Hi Chris, welcome to the forums. We're a drifting community but most of us accept all forms of motoring enthusiasm so no problems there. :)

In terms of aftermarket turbocharging you've landed on what's probably the worst country on the planet! To be 100% legal with a car newer than late 80's you must get the car emission tested by a government approved institution called VTT, unless the turbo kit manufacturer can provide a certificate of the new emission levels. I know some supercharger kits have these tests done for them, but haven't yet seen any turbo kits that would've.

At VTT they will charge you more than 1000 euros per attempt for a test cycle that is near impossible to pass for a completely standard used car, not to mention a heavily modified one. The newer the car the stricter the tests. Some people have taken this route and passed with an ultra lean fuel mixture and lots of catalytic converters and a bunch of other tricks, but there's no way to know beforehand whether the setup is good or not.

Poissa forsh

• Uusi käyttäjä
  • vr lunatic
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #2 : Toukokuu 19, 2010, 19:52:50 ip »
1000 euros is to expensive for me just to test it

oh well im now saddened to hear this,i think im stuck with my golf as it is unless i can find a cheap supercharger kit

but what would happen if i diid fit the turbo kit and didnt say anything and took it for the katsastus,and say i had the turbo on the lowest settings 1psi etc

or when its time for yearly inspection ,took the turbo off and fitted the blanking plates

would i get in trouble for it

Poissa Xan

• Kuljettaja
  • Vakionaama
  • Cars change, people don´t.
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #3 : Toukokuu 19, 2010, 21:32:49 ip »
1000 euros is to expensive for me just to test it

oh well im now saddened to hear this,i think im stuck with my golf as it is unless i can find a cheap supercharger kit

but what would happen if i diid fit the turbo kit and didnt say anything and took it for the katsastus,and say i had the turbo on the lowest settings 1psi etc

or when its time for yearly inspection ,took the turbo off and fitted the blanking plates

would i get in trouble for it

well if you have the turbo installed when going to katsastus without proper permit for turbo, would mean a direct fail! and in case you get caught on the streets by the police and they find the turbo on your car without permits and katsastus approval they will most likely remove your plates and  give you a hefty fine! and in addition you would have to take the car to katsastus as either stock or with proper permits for the turbo to get your plates back!
i suggest you buy a early 90s car with turbo installed as stock (for example s13 200sx) then you have a bit more things you can play with that is considered "legal"!

oh and welcome on my behalf aswell!

Drift Army ry perustaja sekä hallituksen puheenjohtaja

HCR32 Ikuisuusproggis
325i Missile

Poissa forsh

• Uusi käyttäjä
  • vr lunatic
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #4 : Toukokuu 20, 2010, 18:43:24 ip »
thanks everyone for the hellos and great info

ill keep you updated on my projects

Poissa LBS

• Peruskäyttäjä
  • Grip driver
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #5 : Toukokuu 28, 2010, 13:46:29 ip »
Or you can buy my turbo'd road legal Golf 2  ;)

Poissa forsh

• Uusi käyttäjä
  • vr lunatic
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #6 : Toukokuu 29, 2010, 15:36:56 ip »
gimmie some details on your golf please pal :)

Poissa LBS

• Peruskäyttäjä
  • Grip driver
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #7 : Toukokuu 29, 2010, 16:53:10 ip »
I send some e-mail to you.

Poissa forsh

• Uusi käyttäjä
  • vr lunatic
    • Sähköposti
« Vastaus #8 : Kesäkuu 04, 2010, 19:23:45 ip »
woke up this morning and went to my car,found out its been broken into and my stereo was stolen, both side doors locks are now just big holes.

im well and truly upset about this,not to bothered about the stereo ,just the facrt someone was in my car ,and broken my locks,the car now doesnt lock and can be open easy

so i left it at work in the locked car park

golf vr6 :((